Mar 19, 2018

I sit alone at the pier unmindful

ঘাটে বসে আছি আনমনা
ghaate boshe aachhi aanmona

I sit alone at the pier unmindful
Time and tide pass me by
I will not set sail in the winds
That do not take me towards you

The day goes by, the sun goes down
In the darkness of the night
A hundred fears shroud the ten directions
I have not found a place to call home
Yet my heart is restless to set out
I do not know the way to where the pole star shines

I have rowed my boat for such a long way
So many a time on the brink of being sunk
That I have lost hope on the course I sail

My boat is tethered to the shore with countless ropes
When will you untie them, I so want to set afloat
When will the all-embracing winds from the wide unknown
Caress and soothe my burning need
When will I hear in a roaring rumble
The melody from across the oceans

No comments:

Post a Comment